The Travel Photographer’s Bucket list for 2015
The old year has gone by like a million splendid images and has brought in with it an opportunity to capture a million new ones. It’s the beginning of a new year, which means it’s time for every photographer to take up some fresh challenges. There is a big, bold world out there and a good way for you to improve your skills would be to indulge in a travel photography bucket list.
Here is a list of destinations where you can capture breath taking memories and fine tune your picture clicking abilities:
1. Rio De Janeiro Carnival, Brazil: Probably one of the world’s largest events, the Rio Carnival is a fantastic place to capture beautiful and vibrant images. With beautiful dancers and vivid colors, the carnival is a feast for the lens.
2. Iceland: Probably one of the most picturesque locations to exist on earth, it is a delight to the eyes as well as the camera lens. Iceland has a history of attracting tons of photographers who visit the place to capture and bask in the beautiful Nordic landscape.
3. Machu Picchu, Peru: Perched right at the top of the Peruvian Andes, the estate built by the Incas sits in the glory of its elusive mystery. Capturing the mystifying structure in all its enigmatic beauty is a trick every photographer must master or at least attempt to.
4. Oaxaca, Mexico: Exuding history and culture, the city of Oaxaca is known to inspire the creative minds of photographers. The place is filled with lights and colors everywhere.
5. Stonehenge, England: Another mysterious location, much like Machu Picchu, the Stonehenge in England is the epitome of timeless beauty. It is the perfect place to capture the flow of light which can be experienced either at sunrise or sunset. Each has its own unique effect.
6. Old Havana, Cuba: Classic cars and worn down buildings are the signature subjects here. An ideal photography location if you are looking to time travel into the past.
7. Northern Spain: Historical monuments, crystal clear beaches, charming vineyards and majestic mountains are just a few of the things common to Northern Spain. An avid photographer does not require any more reasons to explore this destination.
8. New York City, USA: This is where dreams are made and broken. The concrete jungle is the symbol of glamor, grit, dreams and inspiration.
9. The Serengeti, Tanzania: The Serengeti forest feels like another dimension where mere humans try and connect with magnificent and majestic beasts. It is a wildlife photographer’s fantasy come true.
10. Myanmar: The lens opens to a whole new world in Myanmar. The country is steeped in tradition and overflows with cultural richness. The combination is simply irresistible to any photographer.